G.T.B. Hospital was established in 1987 with 350 bed capacity which has now been expanded to 1700-beds capacity. It is the only Delhi Government tertiary care hospital in Trans-Yamuna (East Delhi) area, catering to East Delhi population as well as patients from adjacent states. It is an associated teaching hospital attached to University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi.
G. T. B. Hospital is the prestigious and largest Hospital of Govt of NCT of Delhi in the Trans-Yamuna Area(East Delhi) with 1000 beds capacity.
It is a teaching hospital associated with the University College of Medical Science, University of Delhi and, therefore, also serves as a training center for undergraduate and post-graduate medical students. The hospital is providing round the clock emergency service in all clinical discipline. OPD services have been computerized with LAN connectivity.